Burns and scalds are amongst the most harrowing and painful injuries that can happen to any child, and they often leave lifelong scars that are not just phyisical, but psychological also. These injuries are a constant reminder to both the child and their family of the harrowing trauma that they have endured, sometimes over many years.
What We Do
- We support and organise events and actives that bring together young people and their families, from birth up to the age of 25
- Reinforce that despite lifelong scars, their dreams, their hopes and their goals are just as achievable as any other child’s
- Provide a place where the children have fun, and rebuild their confidence and self esteem
- Promote challenges and educational experiences
Thank you for all your support
Here are some examples of what your funds could support:
- £100 will pay for a craft session
- £200 will pay for 10 children bowling
- £500 will pay for a family to attend a family weekend away
- £1000 will pay for 100 emergency overnight hospital bags for families on burn units
- £2000 will pay for how many family trip to a farm/soft play area
- £6000 will pay for 20 children to attend a weekend camp
- £8000 will pay for 2 families a trip to lapland
Club fundraisers are asked to note that in certain circumstances you may be required to obtain a local authority licence prior to commencing activities . Fundraisers are encouraged to seek guidance from their local authority licensing department where appropriate.
Local pub events:
- Horse racing night. You may need to hire equipment but can charge an entry fee.
- Quiz nights.
- Hair shave!
Out and About events:
- Bag Packing at local supermarkets
- Sponsored swim / run
- Duck race
- London marathon
- Online Raffles
- Car cleaning events
- Car-boot sales
- Fundraising coffee morning
- School none uniform day
- Bake sale
- Book sale
- 7 hour Sponsored silence , keep fit , dance
If you would like to fundraise for us, please get in touch!